We actively support and donate to the following organizations. These organizations are very involved in helping to make our world better and to offsetting so much irresponsible destruction of our health and environment.
- American University of Complementary Medicine. AUCM is a non-profit University that is committed to the research and preservation of the world's ancient healing traditions. They have doctoral programs in Classical Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, Homeopathy and other degree programs in Nutritional Medicine and Ayurvedic Bodywork. The President of the University, Dr. Kathryn White, PhD, ND, DHOM, LAc is a phenomenal woman who has done an incredible service to all of us by bringing in and documenting some of the top medical practitioners in the world who have preserved the ancient traditions).
- Cornucopia Institute. Family-scale farming advocacy group dedicated to the fight for economic justice for the family-scale farming community. If you care about your health and the health of your children now and in the future, these issues affect you.
- Eat Well Guide. If you're from outside of the LA area or if you're traveling around the US or Canada and you are looking for a place to shop or eat, this is a searchable website to identify where to shop and eat for sustainable food.
- Environmental Working Group. A large group of scientists, medical experts, attorneys and policy makers who mull over research and documentation to expose threats to our environment and health. Topics include safe cosmetics, flame retardants in breast milk, rocket fuel in lettuce, chemicals linked to birth defects and more.
- Natural Resources Defense Council. The NRDC maintains a fantastic website that increases awareness of our environment and its impacts on human health and all life forms.
- Oceans Alive. Very handy reference website to decipher which types of seafood are harmful to both the environment and human health. Important for our patients who want to get pregnant or who are pregnant.
- Organic Consumers Association. The OCA deals with crucial issues of food safety, industrial agriculture, genetic engineering, children's health, corporate accountability, Fair Trade, environmental sustainability and other key topics. We are the only organization in the US focused exclusively on promoting the views and interests of the nation's estimated 50 million organic and socially responsible consumers.
- Slow Food. "Slow Food is a non-profit, eco-gastronomic member-supported organization that was founded in 1989 to counteract fast food and fast life, the disappearance of local food traditions and people’s dwindling interest in the food they eat, where it comes from, how it tastes and how our food choices affect the rest of the world."
- The Campaign. This is a grassroots political organization that lobbies for the labeling of genetically modified foods. We just want to know what's in our food so that we can make a more informed decision!